Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Project 30: The House That Ruth Built

Task 14/30: Visit the soon to be destroyed Yankee Stadium, the Bronx, NY
Complete: April 7, 2008

I've been very exhausted travel girl, but it's time to catch up with updates on the Project and traveling. Now where were we...

Oh yes, Baseball...

Yankees Vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Yankees Vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Yankees Vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

I got myself a solo ticket to the upper deck at Yankee Stadium, for their "oh so challenging" bout against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It wasn't the smoothest arrival. I had the subways pretty well down, but some rushing had me not paying so much attention to the fork in my line, and I was initially headed to Queens instead of the Bronx. After about 45 minutes of trying to get back the right direction, I was on the right train and getting off in the Bronx for a little bit of a late start to the game. I was in the boonies, and it was damn cold, but I was trying to force myself to enjoy it. Baseball isn't the highest on my favorite sports list, but I can appreciate history and this was a place that wasn't going to be there much longer.

Yankees Vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

I was not thrilled with being there alone either, it didn't make it much better to feel like a loser in the cheap seats. I had been having a pretty solo-rific time of playing in NYC, but I just don't think I'll do sports alone again. I was so cold, and I wasn't really into it, so I didn't stay in my seat long, but I did stay to see A-Rod bat.

Yankees Vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

On my way out, I squatted a seat under the home plate overhang until the people came back with their ice cream. It was nice to see a different view of the field, but I wasn't about to go freeze again back in the upper decks. I was pleased with having visited this place, but was ready to be warm and prepare for the next leg of my trip to Philly, so we called this MISSION COMPLETE.

See All My Pictures Here.

No comments: