Saturday, April 5, 2008

Broadway

While I will write my official Mission Accomplished post tomorrow I have a few short points to make...

1 - Patti Lapone is a Broaway Goddess with the voice of an angel, and those in the know from my eavesdropping say that she has outdone herself with this, the show that was seemingly made for her, the best Mama Rose ever.

2- I have never seen a standing ovation in the middle of the show, and she got one, me with my hands over my head, the man next to me yelling Brava! I can't tell you how many times I sang "Rose's Turn" in the mirror as a teenager, practicing until I could get the whole song out without falling breathless...she stunned me with her power.

3- I call it now, she WILL win the Tony. I am a lucky girl I got this ticket before it opened and at a discount, she's catching on fire.

4- Be prepared for me to gush about all of that again tomorrow.

No comments: