Friday, February 15, 2008

Project 30: Planning New York in April

I now have a reservation at a cool hostel in the East Village, that came by recommendation, for my first 3 nights and then I'm splurging on a random 1 night at the Hotel Chelsea, because the artist in me creams her pants just thinking about it. I have reservations to both. YAY. My hotel costs for NYC will be less than $250 for 4 nights. AWESOME. AND, I only had to pay a deposit. Woohoo.

That freed up some money for my next purchase. I now have a 3 day New York Pass with access to over 40 attractions. I saved myself $25 by buying it today on their Vday special. Their average 3 day savings at full price for an adult doing 3 attractions a day is $75. I'm guessing I save a bit more since I pack stuff in, so I bet overall, buying that pass just saved me at least $150, but probably closer to $200. Since this is a super budgeted trip, that just got very, very awesome.

I'm starting to feel much less scared and much more inspired. YAY for knowledgeable ladies and knocking things down. Logistics for New York are shored up, now on to Philly and DC!

No comments: