Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Big Eat SF: 100 Things to Eat in SF Before You Die

Earlier this year, I embarked on attempting to count down as many on 7x7.com's The Big Eat SF! (Which even has an awesome Facebook ap to help you track and post your progress!)

I particularly love this Google Map that someone laid out, so you can just grab something when you're in a particular neighborhood.

Thankfully, I've had a buddy in Pixy for all 4 of my conquests so far! (Okay, she did her Irish Coffee at the airport, but we're even!)

#35 Salted-caramel ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery tasted JUST LIKE A STICK OF BUTTER. It was seriously delicious. I bought a shirt that says something about licking and tasting good. I figured it couldn't be too bad if they had it right there on the wall at the store in front of kids, but I've not been brave enough to wear it in public yet!

#68 Irish coffee at the Buena Vista Cafe was part of the really awesome San Francisco adventure of a lifetime that I had with KC. I'm so thankful that he took me here on our photo date adventure before we drove all over the city in the little yellow buggy!

Irish Coffee at the Buena Vista

#86 A cheese slice at Arinell Pizza was actually a damn yummy piece of pizza. I was doubtful when I took the ladies here on Valentines Day. How could a simple slice of cheese pizza be all that? But it was.

#88 Buckwheat crepe and a French cider at Ti Couz was to die for. I inhaled the mushroom crepe, and the dessert one was heavenly. This yummy alcoholic French Cider wasn't bad either!

San Francisco

Personally - my #1 thing to have in SF before you die is a Bloody Mary at Zeitgeist, the most awesome bar in all of the city. I try and take every person I know here at least once...which means I get to go back over and over and over and check out street art in the area! You should check it out! I don't even like bloody mary's but this one is YUM and the characters that are there from the staff to the random cross section of SF hanging out, is a people watching heaven!

San Francisco

Watch my progress on the "BigEatSF" tag!

No comments: