Saturday, October 18, 2008

Project 30: Take me out to the ballgame...

Task 17/30: Attend a Minor League Ball Game
Complete: July 5, 2008

San Jose Giants Baseball 7/5/08

There is something very appealing to me about minor leagues for any sport. I think the kids in the NCAA try harder and certainly, you want to get called up to the "bigs" as your dream. I have been doing such a good job of making baseball a part of my year, which is, definitely something I haven't done in the past, that it seemed that going to a minor league game would fit very nicely in the project. It turned out to be even more convenient that one of my favorite little munchkins was having his birthday party at the San Jose Giants game this year, presenting the perfect opportunity to party it down ol' fashioned ballpark style.

San Jose Giants Baseball 7/5/08

I absolutely had the best time ever. Man, just exciting. I could get season tickets and I don't even really like baseball that much. But I could be a San Jose Giants girl. From the stands to the feel of the spectators, I felt like I had gone back in time 50 years. It was so beautiful and nostalgic, I couldn't get enough of it. There was even the adorable girl groupies huddled behind the dugout screaming for the fabulous big stars of the home team. It was all just so sweet and nice.

San Jose Giants Baseball 7/5/08

The evening started off with a helicopter landing for the ceremonial first pitch.

San Jose Giants Baseball 7/5/08

And the evening, because of the timing of 4th of July weekend, was capped off with a quite spectacular fireworks show to celebrate the storming win.

Fireworks at San Jose Giants Baseball 7/5/08

With my belly full of beer and garlic fries, I felt satisfied that this was again MISSION COMPLETE and something that I would be doing again next season.

No comments: