Monday, March 31, 2008

East.

Oh my freaking word, it's this week. In 4 short days, I will be on a plane and on my trek across this country. I'm giddy, I'm scared, I'm...being me. I get up in the morning and I watch the New York morning shows and I watch raw footage of the cherry blossoms and the expected million people walking below them. DC will be beyond crowded, and unlikely not the best time to visit for a girl who hates crowds, but you know, I don't care, the blossoms are in peak bloom and I can't believe how lucky I am. My dad says he is jealous and my grandmother too. This morning someone called me inspiring and I think I needed it a lot because I'm starting to get nervous. Me...in New York? In Philly? In DC? I am not sure how I am going to see everything I want to see in the short time, but I have a feeling I will be back very soon. I know I am going to fall in love with these cities, the girl who used to think that she would work on that hill one day. I can't believe it's almost here, I can't believe I have to wait 4 more days.

No comments: