Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Building a Life List.

I have so much to say about this year and this project, but am not ready to put all the pieces together in words. What I am ready to do is declare this blog space my life list tracker going forward. I have my journal and photoblog and social networks, but this is a place to really focus on living life fully. I am going to start building my life list. Places I want to go, things I want to learn and whatever else fits. Some things may be small and some big, some may take my whole life, some may take next week. But I want to see growth and progress and learning, and to do that, you have to start somewhere, and for me that is going to be building this list. So many things made an appearance on the P30 list and then dropped. Well, that doesn't mean I don't still want to do them, so now is the time they come back and be part of the bigger overall life list.

I've read a few books recently that helped me kick off this list. Big props to "Dream It. List It. Do It" which was recently published by the 43things.com website, which is for life listing in sets of 43 things, as the name implies. I had forgotten I played on that site years ago, but never really liked it. Even the book has some annoying points for me, but it's a brilliant jumping off point. I've now read the whole list of 4000 something things they list and circled a ton, now I will go back and start to compile some semblance of a list from it. Watch for this list, and for it to grow, and shape over time. I encourage you to build your own life lists, share your desires and see what we can do together.

Here's to living!

No comments: